A Virtual Stroll Around the Walls of Chester
The Vanished Pubs of Chester Gallery
Ye Olde Bear's Paw for centuries stood on the corner of Foregate and Frodsham Streets before its demolition in 1956.
As our illustrations show, the pub's appearance changed greatly over time.
The landlord in 1818-20 was John Lawson, in 1828 George Halley, 1840-50 Robert Bentley, in 1858 A Street, in 1880 John Taylor, in 1898 Fred Jones, in 1902-10 Edward Stanley Dawson, in 1914 John Frederick Davies.
Chester's Vanished Pubs parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | gallery
Stroll | Old Pubs Gallery | Previous Picture | Next Picture